Support and follow Total Soccer News
Support Total Soccer News Subscribe to Total Soccer News

Cavalry FC re-signs defender Dominick Zator for 2020 season

0

Cavalry FC announced the re-signing of defender Dominick Zator Thursday, with a contract running through the 2020 season.

“Dominick was a beast for us this season,” said Cavalry FC head coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. via a club statement Thursday. “Not only did he optimize the style of play we wanted to produce, along with scoring some memorable goals, but he was pivotal in creating the culture that aided our success.”

Zator served primarily as a central defender during the inaugural Canadian Premier League season, but also found work as a right back when injuries left that side of defence vacant.

Who was your Cavalry FC player of the year?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“He’s a modern day defender that’s versatile, athletic and comfortable in possession as he likes to drive up the pitch,” said Wheeldon Jr. “We are delighted to have him for our 2020 campaign.”

Zator also chipped in offensively last season, scoring three goals in all competitions.

His successful season was topped off with a call-up to the Canadian men’s team roster for the Concacaf Nations League match against USA in early November. He was the CPL’s third Canadian to get the national team nod, and the second from Cavalry FC, after Marco Carducci got the call earlier in the year.

Zator joins a key group of Cavalry FC players who re-signed to the Calgary club earlier in November, including midfielder Nik Ledgerwood, defender Mason Trafford, attacking midfielder Sergio Camargo, goalkeeper Marco Carducci and forward Aribim Pepple.

Cavalry FC also announced other members of the 2019 squad have options to continue playing for the club in 2020, but those contracts are currently under negotiations.

-with files courtesy Cavalry FC

Share.

About Author

Avatar

Total Soccer News is an online soccer publication - with primary focus on Canadian soccer.

Leave A Reply